Reserve Bank of India red-flags cryptocurrency risks in board meet – Business Standard
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Friday apprised the board members about its reservations around private cryptocurrencies while updating the progress on its yet-to-be launched Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). In the 592nd meeting of RBI’s board of directors at Lucknow, senior officials, including Governor Shaktikanta Das, who also headed the board, discussed a host of issues, including the CBDC.
Cryptocurrencies, according to a source, was not part of the agenda, but one board member wanted to know why the central bank wanted to ban private cryptocurrencies. Currently, …
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
Note: Subscription will be auto renewed, you may cancel any time in the future without any questions asked.
Requires personal information
What you get?
ON BUSINESS STANDARD DIGITAL
- Unlimited access to all the content on any device through browser or app.
- Exclusive content, features, opinions and comment – hand-picked by our editors, just for you.
- Pick 5 of your favourite companies. Get a daily email with all the news updates on them.
- Track the industry of your choice with a daily newsletter specific to that industry.
- Stay on top of your investments. Track stock prices in your portfolio.
- 18 years of archival data.
- The product is a monthly auto renewal product.
- Cancellation Policy: You can cancel any time in the future without assigning any reasons, but 48 hours prior to your card being charged for renewal.
We do not offer any refunds.
- To cancel, communicate from your registered email id and send the email with the cancellation request to [email protected]. Include your contact number …….